很有创意。。

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 30-4-2011 01:31 PM | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 AhSengSg 于 30-4-2011 01:38 PM 编辑

Chiam See Tong 群众大会 - 很感人。。。

Emotions run high at SPP rally
By Jeanette Tan | SingaporeScene – Sat, Apr 30, 2011 4:24 AM SGT

An ardent supporter breaks down upon meeting Mr Chiam See Tong, (Yahoo! photo/Christine Choo)

For one man in his 60s, it was just too much to bear.

Moments after the Singapore People's Party's (SPP) first General Election rally at Jurong West ended on Friday, he was so moved by secretary-general Chiam See Tong's speech that he began to tear.

The man cried as he shook Mr Chiam's hand and said, "I feel so happy for you that I am crying. I hope you win."

Others added more words of encouragement, including one who said, "We need more people like you."

Indeed, many in the estimated 1,200-strong crowd had come just from across the island -- some from as far as Woodlands --just to hear Singapore's longest-serving opposition MP speak.

Crane operator Nizam, 26, who stays in Choa Chu Kang, attended the rally even though he would not have the opportunity to vote for the SPP, which will be contesting only in
Hong Kah North SMC, Bishan-Toa Payoh GRC and Potong Pasir SMC.  
"I came down to see Mr Chiam, because I wanted to see him in person, to hear him speak. He's a great man," he said.
"He's a legend," added Hanizah Zaini, 27, a customer service officer. "It's amazing that he is still here (and standing for election again), against all odds."
The most poignant moment of the night came when Mr Chiam -- hunched and bowed by old age and the lasting effects of a stroke -- took to the stage.
Even as the audience chanted his name, the Potong Pasir MP for the last 27 years said humbly, "You give me more applause than I deserve."
Explaining his decision why he's contesting another election at the age of 76, the former lawyer said, "I am not actually a brave man. But I love Singapore and I love Singaporeans."
Speaking in a slow, measured voice, he said that the opposition is the essence of democracy and that the government needs to be more transparent and accountable.
Urging the audience to make their vote count, he said, "Every one of us can take part in politics. I can assure you that nothing will happen to you; I am a living example you can follow."
The crowd responded and at one point, a resident called out, "Mr Chiam, you don't have to speak. We will vote for you!" while others applauded to show encouragement.

(Yahoo! photo/Christine Choo)

回复

使用道具 举报

Follow Us
 楼主| 发表于 30-4-2011 01:57 PM | 显示全部楼层

By Cheryl Chan

Political Correspondent

Of course, Mr Chiam is fighting to win, and has even gone as far as saying that he believes he will triumph over the incumbent PAP team in Bishan-Toa Payoh, which comprises two heavyweight ministers in Wong Kan Seng and Ng Eng Hen. Most observers say that the chances of an upset are slim, but Mr Chiam has been an underdog for pretty much all of his dazzling political career.

Whether he wins or loses, Chiam See Tong is guaranteed a place in Singapore’s political folklore for generations to come. However, just about every single person in the country is silently rooting for him to score yet another fairytale victory as he embarks upon his last hurrah.

The author is a political correspondent at The Satay Club. She works as an analyst in a leading multinational research firm.

http://satayclub.net/2011/04/you-give-me-more-applause-than-i-deserve/

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 30-4-2011 02:27 PM | 显示全部楼层
这策略有问题。

选他进入国会,就是要监督政府做事。 要说几年前在国会内不谈,到竞选的时候才出 ...
kcchiew 发表于 29-4-2011 07:42 AM

我想 SPP 团队还有政府奖学金得主 Benjamin Pwee and Jimmy Lee 等人。。
尤其是 Benjamin Pwee 。。。我朋友的同学。。。她说 Benjamin 真的是一个很聪明又谦虚的人。。一直来都这样。。

最近有神秘人物捐了 $2 million 给 SPP 做基金。。
回复

使用道具 举报

ADVERTISEMENT

楼主| 发表于 30-4-2011 02:33 PM | 显示全部楼层
不知道。上一届Aljunied因为有James Gomex一事发酵,所以才会让中间选民选WP,让他们有44%的选票。

我猜Aljunied反对党基本票应该会是30%左右,平时做得好竞选的时候口号喊得好,40%得票率应该没问题。 剩下的10%,就看看有多少Aljunied居民对现状和GeorgeYeo团队感到不满了。kcchiew 发表于 29-4-2011 08:01 AM

的确是很难说的。。就连 PAP 和 WP 都无法估计成绩。。。

以前 SDP's Cheo Chai Chen 赢也是一个 freak result。。他只赢了168票(10多20千选票里),比他出色的其它6个 SDP 参选者却输了,拿 45-49% of votes

James Gomez,以前认识他的人都对他的评价不太好。。

Aljunied GRC - 觉得反对党的 momentum 越来越有力,。。
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 30-4-2011 02:40 PM | 显示全部楼层
昨晚跟2为朋友在Bishan吃晚餐。
PAP的人过来跟我们握手。
问我们是不是住在Bishan的。
洋葱头^^ 发表于 29-4-2011 10:04 AM

那你们是不是住在 Bishan 呢?
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 30-4-2011 02:46 PM | 显示全部楼层
盛哥,我不认识他们。有没有中文名字还是照片?

那间学校出来的有没有在金融业发展的?
洋葱头^^ 发表于 29-4-2011 11:27 AM

何耀珊 Ho Yeow Sun
白微秀 Joanne Peh
陈风铃 Felicia Chin
庄米雪 Michelle Chong
林慧萍 Rebecca Lim
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 30-4-2011 02:49 PM | 显示全部楼层
哇。。你也是来自raffles啊。。
他们都在金融业发展。。
盛叔也应该是在金融业还是其他的行业 ...
洋葱头^^ 发表于 29-4-2011 11:36 AM

那里会好?你没听反对党说吗?屋价高涨,MRT 拥挤,$50去 NTUC 都买不到东西。。。
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 30-4-2011 02:54 PM | 显示全部楼层
现在发表这言论。。。。难怪他不再参与工人党了。

他根本就不是想赢这场选举的!
kcchiew 发表于 29-4-2011 01:11 PM

这个 strategy 是错误的,但要一户一户去访问也很辛苦。。。
其实一个小小的真心就可以赢到选票。。看这个。。。Straits Times 资深记者写的。。。

What goes on in the heart, not the head, that matters
By Bertha Henson, Associate Editor
I WAS out all Easter weekend in various parts of my neighbourhood with family and friends, having lunch, strolling around the HDB shops and having several cups of coffee at the hawker centre. And all the time, hoping to catch a glimpse at the contenders for my vote.

Not the old warriors, whom I have interviewed in the course of my career, but the newbies. I wanted to lock eyes with them, grasp their hand and wait for, hmm, pearls of wisdom to fall from their mouth. I had no joy. And now that I will be out of town for most of the campaign period, I would probably not have the chance to meet any of them before going into the polling booth.

Is it really so important? Those few seconds of glad-handing, palm pressing? I reckon the politicians think so, looking at how they seem to be rushing about doing block visits and hawker centre tours. It boils down to name and face recognition and a higher visibility and profile among voters always helps. After all, can you really get a measure of the man or woman in just a few minutes? Hardly enough time to quiz them on policies or their position on issues. But it is enough time for a voter to decide, straight-off, whether the person grinning over those bowls of laksa deserve consideration.

I know someone who decided immediately that the candidate who appeared at his door would not get his vote because the candidate, looking at my friend in his tee-shirt and shorts in the shophouse, thought he worked in a factory. The first words out of the man in white was 'Which factory do you work at?' My friend is an architect visiting his father. The candidate who made such presumptions don't deserve my vote, my friend harrummphed. Too drastic? (Oh, that was a few elections ago).

I know of another candidate who picked up a booklet of political satires on a walkabout and muttered that this could only have been done by the English-educated. I was within earshot - and aghast. A retort hovered at the tip of my tongue - that's because the Chinese-educated preferred sex and violence? As I said, the retort merely hovered. I am glad to say he did not stand in my ward.

As a reporter, I have watched tongue-tied candidates who had to be led by the nose by activists, who are themselves sometimes no advertisement for the candidates. One family told me of how grassroot leaders knocked on their door to tell them the incumbent would be dropping by. They waited an hour, door opened, until the woman in the family decided it was time to sit down to dinner which was getting cold. The door closed.

One memory I cherish: I was with Mr Lee Kuan Yew when he was Prime Minister campaigning in Bedok. Along one corridor of flats, a girl in uniform was in the act of locking up her flat, presumably because she was going to school. Mr Lee asked if her parents were in, she said no. And told her: 'Tell your parents that Lee Kuan Yew came by.'

It was such a simple statement. And truth to tell, I still don't know why it resonated with me.

As politicians of all stripes launch into debate about what constitutes a First World Parliament and whether Singapore housing policies are moving in the right direction, they might want to consider that for most people, the first qualifying round so to speak, is whether the candidate is 'nice'. A relative once chanced upon a Workers Party team in an HDB carpark and yelled out good luck to them. The team came over to her, beaming away and eventually invited her to lunch with them. She declined. The upshot: 'They are very nice people'.

Did that translate into a vote for them? I don't know.

You see, for most people, it boils down to what goes on in the heart, not the head. The People's Action Party has a bunch of smart people, and the Opposition isn't looking too bad this time in the smarts front. I read everything they say when quizzed by reporters, and I do so always with a touch of cynicism - they have been prepared, they sound rehearsed, what else do you expect them to say? Strip all that off and it comes down to how they relate to you and me.

So here are tips for candidates with tongue only in half in cheek:
Do make sure you have a firm handshake because older menfolk like that in a man.
Don't ask if people are having lunch when they obviously are.
Don't let your activists run ahead of you to prepare the path, because voters do not like to feel that they are waiting for royalty to descend on them,
Don't make divisive statements that single out any community, like the English-educated, or the gays or overseas Singaporeans or immigrants
Do be on time for all events especially outdoor ones because the weather can wear out anybody's patience.
Even Lee Kuan Yew introduces himself.

Happy campaigning!
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 30-4-2011 02:59 PM | 显示全部楼层
不要乱乱仙,很多新加坡人是因为James Gomex的小丑行为,才对反对党反感的,不然工人党选票会更多,连工 ...
chinared 发表于 29-4-2011 04:37 PM

James Gomez   的动作是骗选民,但老李和其他 PAP ministers 对他的连续攻击,让选民觉得 PAP 又是一个 big bully ,很不讨好;PAP 后来觉得他们的攻击让选民反感,也即刻停止了。。。
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 30-4-2011 03:02 PM | 显示全部楼层
看到几次pap的代表发言(不是rally,之前提名日过后的一些发言),为什么手上都拿着纸来念?有点搞笑咯,看到未来的MP拿纸演讲。这些精英中的精英难道记忆力那么一般?
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 30-4-2011 03:02 PM | 显示全部楼层
的确是很难说的。。就连 PAP 和 WP 都无法估计成绩。。。

以前 SDP's Cheo Chai Chen 赢也是一 ...
AhSengSg 发表于 30-4-2011 02:33 PM

WP刘程强的魅力无法挡,连跟内子晨运的安娣们都说若他到Sembawang,一定会投他。 《--我不爽的表情
回复

使用道具 举报

ADVERTISEMENT

楼主| 发表于 30-4-2011 03:06 PM | 显示全部楼层
WP刘程强的魅力无法挡,连跟内子晨运的安娣们都说若他到Sembawang,一定会投他。 《--我不爽的 ...
kcchiew 发表于 30-4-2011 03:02 PM

话说回来,
住在 sembawang grc 容易说。。。因为不是反对党强区。。
但最后一分钟,想到自己的 estate 可能会变成 potong pasir, hougang 。。。可能左右为难。。。
昨天老李又"提醒" aljunied grc 选民了;每次老李说话,肯定有影响力(小李和老goh 却没有这种影响力)
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 30-4-2011 03:07 PM | 显示全部楼层
这个 strategy 是错误的,但要一户一户去访问也很辛苦。。。
其实一个小小的真心就可以赢到选票。。 ...
AhSengSg 发表于 30-4-2011 02:54 PM

他们只是没有一户一户拜访,但还是有到邻里中心握手寒暄, 在这环节还是有点分数拿。

如果许文远能做得到(感觉上他比几年前憔悴很多了。。。)沿户拜访,SDP他们是更应该这么做的。
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 30-4-2011 03:14 PM | 显示全部楼层
话说回来,
住在 sembawang grc 容易说。。。因为不是反对党强区。。
但最后一分钟,想到自己的 ...
AhSengSg 发表于 30-4-2011 03:06 PM

从和achek在另一贴的对话中,他倒是提醒了我一点,市镇理事会无论如何还是会有政府给钱。。。。

我曾去后港和波东巴西,要说好,不一定会比邻近的社区好。 但还是有一定的水平。

老李(和PAP)提醒选民一下就好了,别一直强调这一点;不是每个选民都喜欢听的。
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 30-4-2011 03:22 PM | 显示全部楼层
回复 376# kcchiew

来看看反对党的 momentum 为什么突然越来越强:

1。大选前,JB Jeyaretnam 的儿子 Kenneth Jeyaretnam 接手了 Reform Party;Tony Tan (SAF Scholar) 和 Hazel Poa (Overseas Merit Scholar) 夫妇加入 ;Dr Vincent Wijeysingha(德高望众教育家 Eugene Wijeysingha 的儿子)加入 SDP 。。
2,谣传 Chen Show Mao,国际律师,S'pore top A levels student,准备加入 WP ;后来被证实
3。Benjamin Pwee (Overseas Merit Scholar + PAP grassroots leader) and Jimmy Lee (govt scholar) 也宣布加入 SPP (Chiam See Tong)  
4。Tan Jee Say (Goh Chok Tong former Private Secretary) 和 Col Dr Ang Yong Guan (former PAP grassroots leader) 宣布加入 SDP
5。电视辩论: Finance Minister Tharman and MP Josephine Teo 对 Vincent Wijeysingha 的"攻击",无法招架
6。 Tin Pei Ling 事件,令很多人反感。。
7。Nicole Seah 被介绍;大家却超喜欢; Opposition's poster girl
8。Low Thia Khiang 宣布竞选 Aljunied GRC (WP A Team)

觉得 PAP 也似乎"接受"了这个事实
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

版权所有 © 1996-2023 Cari Internet Sdn Bhd (483575-W)|IPSERVERONE 提供云主机|广告刊登|关于我们|私隐权|免控|投诉|联络|脸书|佳礼资讯网

GMT+8, 2-7-2024 02:52 PM , Processed in 0.070270 second(s), 21 queries , Gzip On.