了不起的MBA被裁员了,几时轮到我们?

[复制链接]
发表于 20-9-2008 09:09 PM | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Wall Street现在继续疯狂大炒人.
曾经,美国第一投资银行goldman sachs的员工花红人均60万美元一年.

一个MBA在美国金融公司的起薪是12万美元.
而且,对于goldman sachs等公司,还需要经历5-20次的面试.

被录取后,还要经常工作超过12小时一天.

这群MBA们,就算他们不是MBA,不过是大学degree,不要说进这种金融公司工作,就连梦想进这种金融公司工作,都自觉高人一等.

今天,美国金融界大紧缩,造成finance, banking, economy,甚至actuarial science的大失业.

金融公司紧缩,资本不够,必然会导致金融公司缩小放贷规模.
现在,我比较有兴趣的是,这种恶劣的事情,全面的经济不景气到底会几时影响到我们这种普通百姓呢?

自以为了不起的外国名牌大学生已经中箭了,想来连累到普通的人也不是太遥远的事情.

目前太多人把焦点聚集在一个两个公司的10几个财务数字上面.
即使眼光更加远大的人也只看到整体股票走势往下.
真正需要关注的是流动性的问题,也就是未来收入的持续性.

资产增值还是贬值在今天都不是关键,流动性才是关键.
如果流动性崩溃,就算有一个价值100万的屋子,第一,套现不出去,第二,屋子不能当饭吃.

在传统的财务研究上面,今天balance sheet, income statement都不值得关注,是cash flow statement决定一切.
回复

使用道具 举报

ADVERTISEMENT

发表于 20-9-2008 11:58 PM | 显示全部楼层

回复 1# hoollly 的帖子

Robert  Kiyosaki 和巴菲特都灌输过现金流入的重要性。
只是传统投资者依然固执的认为投资的利益源自于资产升值。
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 28-1-2009 10:30 AM | 显示全部楼层
Nowadays, an M.B.A. Doesn’t Equal Job Security
http://blogs.wsj.com/laidoff/200 ... equal-job-security/

Ms. Jordan is a former operations vice president at Bank of America, her job was eliminated in 2008. Prior to Bank of America, Jordan spent three years with the personal insurance division of Countrywide Financial as vice president of customer retention. She lives in Laguna Beach, Calif.

Dawn Jordan Like many M.B.A.s, I am one of the millions who returned to school after a dozen years climbing the corporate ladder with only a bachelor’s degree. I thought my M.B.A. would give me an edge. I thought the combination of the degree and my years of workplace success would be a sort of Holy Grail for job security and advancement. Now I wonder if I was just naive–or if the workplace has truly changed.

From my current vantage point, it seems there has been a shift. The level of job security an M.B.A. degree provides has diminished. Whether this is the new status quo or if it is just a temporary, recession-driven change, is unclear.

Given that in tough economic times college enrollments typically swell, I am concerned about the commoditization of the M.B.A. I worry that what is considered an advanced degree today may be considered an entry-level requirement tomorrow. My degree was a personal achievement and an investment. Like any investor, I want a positive ROI.

A few days ago, I found myself applying for a job that required less education and less management experience than what I bring to the table. It wasn’t the first time since my lay off that I applied for such a job. And while I don’t plan to make it a common practice, the competition in today’s job market is so intense that exceeding job requirements–-not just meeting them–is the new norm.

It’s frustrating to think that I am using my degree just to secure a job that doesn’t require it. For me, returning to school was a dream fulfilled. It was the personal and professional challenge I desired. I appreciated it more the second time around. My concern about the long-term value of my degree and the stability it can provide is real. Had I returned to school solely to attain job security, I would be disappointed. But for me, this was not the case.

I returned to school partly for the personal satisfaction. At the end of the day, I wouldn’t change a thing about the choices I have made even knowing I’d be laid off. If I were 10 years younger or had I completed my M.B.A. directly out of undergrad, I might think otherwise.

Ultimately, I know my education will be key in landing my next job, but it didn’t prevent me from losing my last one. And it doesn’t carry any guarantees about the job after that. Given the growing number of intelligent, experienced workers being laid off everyday, I can’t help but wonder, what besides education and experience is needed to increase job security in today’s workplace?

Readers, has your M.B.A. played a role in your job security? Share your thoughts and experiences in the comments section.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 28-1-2009 10:44 AM | 显示全部楼层
[youtube]ILqxZKqOVFM[/youtube]

[youtube]ohg4dsMtEGo[/youtube]

[youtube]4doZi1KPS3w[/youtube]
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 28-1-2009 11:34 AM | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 tan81 于 20-9-2008 11:58 PM 发表
Robert  Kiyosaki 和巴菲特都灌输过现金流入的重要性。
只是传统投资者依然固执的认为投资的利益源自于资产升值。

呵,还以为不会有人谈起他的大名,robert kiyosaki。

有读他的书的人都会被他注重cash flow的方式映像深刻。
但,为什么他不断要强调cash flow呢?

细细想来,你会发现原来他要强调的是“借钱投资”的方式。
还记不记得他所说的“好债”和“坏债”?

好债=可以帮你generate现金流的债务. ie: investment, trading, real estate and etc.
坏债=不能帮你generate现金流的债务. ie: car loan, house loan, CC loan, personal loan, and etc.

如果看balance sheet的话,RK的balance sheet会很难看,gearing可能会很高。他强调cash flow是无可厚非的。

再细细想来,你会发现他强调他是投资地产起家的,rich dad poor dad里不断提到他如何en bloc,如何lease out。

简单来说,他的模式,以我从书中所了解的,如下:
-不断借入好债务。
-不断投资地产。
-不断重复以上模式。

他的投资方式怎么样?强调高负债,高地产持有率。

像不像现在很多要上吊的美国人?

他鼓吹泡沫,乘势而上。现在时不我矣,必须顺势而下了。

泡沫的鼓吹,他也有份吧?

(当然,他也可能写一套,做一套。骗骗广大读者当炮灰。who know, huh?)
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 28-1-2009 11:44 AM | 显示全部楼层

回复 5# 白狐狸 的帖子

robert kiyosaki是个投机者.他早就预言了目前这场房地产泡沫,不过他仓位部署好没有,就是个他自己才知道的疑问了.

他本身在相当久之前就提倡未来的新投资-黄金.
还特地做了一个网站:
http://www.richdadsgold.com/

不过,实际上他并没有提倡过地产和黄金价格永恒上升.
他提倡的是投资财商.
回复

使用道具 举报

Follow Us
发表于 28-1-2009 12:16 PM | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 hoollly 于 28-1-2009 11:44 AM 发表
robert kiyosaki是个投机者.他早就预言了目前这场房地产泡沫,不过他仓位部署好没有,就是个他自己才知道的疑问了.

他本身在相当久之前就提倡未来的新投资-黄金.
还特地做了一个网站:
http://www.richdadsgold.co ...

他的预言,好像是针对mutual fund。房地产泡沫倒没看到有什么着墨。
时间方面他的预言在2012-2015左右才会发生。

他是个投机者,没错。不管是出书到投资,他都很会借势。
但,他却在书里把自己硕造为投资者者,还说照富爸爸的方式走一两百年以内因该都不会有任何大改变(忘了那本书写的)。

我不认同他的某些言论。我也不认同他的某些写法。那样写,我认为是误导。

他的书在那时我的学校掀起风潮,随着年龄和知识的累计我推翻了某些观点。
当然,那是我在接触了不少正统和非正统的会计和商业接触累计的。

如果是其他学科的人呢?food tech, engineer, doctor?

他们会不会把他当神
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 28-1-2009 12:37 PM | 显示全部楼层
这就是为什么我总是在强调,历史是门严肃学问,做人必须精通历史.
而且对于学术要追求严谨,广泛阅读,深入思考是必要的.

我现在还能找得出来这篇文章,说明他已经精确预言到了房地产泡沫.
这是因为有了互联网.
很多时候,引经据典的一些文献,是网上找不到的,甚至已经永远被列为禁书.
如果没有互联网,单凭我的记忆,我说过去发生过什么什么,不懂相信我的人会有多少呢?
我想,就算有了互联网,相信我的人永远都只是人群的少数.

'Rich Dad' guru turns cautious on buying real estate
Carol Lloyd
Sunday, July 24, 2005
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/07/24/REGKEDRPF11.DTL

"On his Web site, www.richdad.com, which contains a forum for his casual and dedicated followers (including those who pay $100 a year to join his "insiders" club), he has begun posting articles that caution against what might be called "surreal estate exuberance."

He cites the Economist at length, including the assertion that "the global housing boom is the biggest financial bubble in history." He confesses that he's currently dumping real estate that produces no cash flow (from rental income) and going "long on gold and oil." "

"Don't get me wrong, I'm still buying real estate," he told me, adding that he was in the process of buying seven new properties but that he wasn't buying anything in expectation of appreciation. "I'm an investor, not a speculator. ... I want it to cash flow."

He knows that many others have not been so prudent. "I'm worried about people using their houses as ATM machines," he says, referring to those homeowners who have refinanced their homes to buy cars, pay for remodels or to buy more real estate.

"And I'm worried about all the people who are flipping properties (those who buy in order to immediately resell for a profit) -- that's really stupid right now."
回复

使用道具 举报

ADVERTISEMENT

发表于 28-1-2009 12:44 PM | 显示全部楼层

回复 8# hoollly 的帖子

呵,那我对于没有update RK的言论以至带出错误的结论而道歉。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

版权所有 © 1996-2023 Cari Internet Sdn Bhd (483575-W)|IPSERVERONE 提供云主机|广告刊登|关于我们|私隐权|免控|投诉|联络|脸书|佳礼资讯网

GMT+8, 7-5-2024 07:48 PM , Processed in 0.076004 second(s), 24 queries , Gzip On.